The Southwest Mosquito Abatement and Control District was legally created on December 6, 2002.
BOUNDARY: The boundary of the District is the boundary of Washington County
MISSION STATEMENT: The mission of the Southwest Mosquito Abatement and Control District is:
- To represent the citizens of Washington County in setting policies leading to the enhancement of health and quality of life through abatement and control of mosquito populations, which cause a nuisance and can also be vectors of diseases.
- To provide safe, effective, and economical mosquito control.
- To practice integrated mosquito management principles.
To fulfill this mission the following principles are applied:
- The prevention of mosquito transmitted diseases and the protection of human and animal health are the primary concerns.
- Research is an integral part of the mission.
- The District is highly sensitive to environmental concerns and committed to the protection of the environment.
- Best management practices utilizing scientifically accepted control methods are encouraged.
- The District will cooperate with other organizations, agencies, and individuals necessary to fulfill the mission.
- The District will cooperate with landowners to minimize our impact on private lands.